Our History

 

Memorial Drive Lutheran Church was established in 1959. It began with the purchase of four acres of land at the corner of Memorial Drive and Gessner in October 1958.

The Department of American Missions of the Evangelical Lutheran Church paid approximately $40,000 for the site and home on Kilts Drive that would serve as the parsonage. The building that is now the Fellowship Hall was constructed in March 1959 and served as the first worship center.

Pastor Jack Lein arrived with his family in April, and on June 14, 1959, the first worship service was held with 76 people in attendance.

 

Memorial Drive Lutheran Church was officially organized as a member congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America on April 3, 1960.


 

 
January 21, 2018

You are invited 

to Join Us
Each Sunday


Sunday Schedule                                 

9:15 Bible Study LR
10:30   Worship CH
11:45

Fellowship

CH
12:00

Youth

Vanco Online Giving

Members Login



Who's Online

Last month January 2018 Next month
S M T W T F S
week 1 1 2 3 4 5 6
week 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
week 3 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
week 4 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
week 5 28 29 30 31